Households throughout the UK produce 25% - 30% of CO2 emissions through the systems used to heat water, heat your home and providing light within your home.
Here at Sms ECO Frame we are firm believer that this percentage needs to be reduced both from an environmental point of view AND a cost effective point of view as energy prices continue to soar.
The average home in the UK suffers from three main issues that cause it to be in-efficient from an energy usage point of view.
- Cold Bridging- In simple terms, cold bridging is caused by components that span right through the external structure creating a thermal bridge, allowing cold to pass into the structure and therefore wasting the heat produced.
- Under Insulated- It is quite common within a home that insulation may not be as efficient as it could, and should be in your home. Your home is insulated in the walls, roof and some times at ground floor level depending on what foundation system you use. It is a vital component in you home as it is responsible for locking in masses of heat that YOU have paid for, especially in your roof space, (heat rises).
- Air Tightness- Having control over the ventilation in your home is key to being able to fully utilise the energy efficiency of your home. Hot air escaping through poorly fitted windows and doors is responsible for about 25% of the heat lost in your home.
Sms Eco Frame will build your home to the specification and budget that suits you. We are experts in the planning, design, manufacture and erect of new build homes. We work alongside numerous trades including an expert in renewable energy and what products are out there to suit your needs. We also work along side Insulation experts Airseal who have developed a water based expanding foam insulation, which when combined with our build system can create a fully air tight structure with a U value of 0.1mKt2, which is Passive House standard (if required).
Sms Eco Frame are a product of Sms Timber Frame, who have worked within the timber frame industry for over 30 years.
Sms Eco Frame will offer you a service second to none. Our aim is to build dream homes for our customers, that are built to save our customers money. We WILL deliver on time, on budget and to an extremely high standard to YOUR specification.
- We are approached by a customer, and establish whether they have, or require planning permission.
- A consultation is arranged with our in house architect and the company director, Mike Smith.
- The project is discussed in great detail and a fees-ability plan is drawn and submitted to planners. (If required).
- If the project is deemed fees-able, the planning process begins. Our architect will liase with the customer and produce a 3D model to ensure the customer is getting exactly what is expected.
- Sms Eco Frame Submit your plans for planning permission and deal with building regulations.
- Once the planning application is completed, Sms Timber Frame will then design and plan the build ready for manufacture.
- Your home is manufactured whilst your ground works are under construction.
- Your home will be delivered in stages, to ensure a tidy site. Ground floor - first floor - Roof.
- Your house is erected and made water tight as quickly as possible, ready for ALL other trades to begin (all organised by SMS if required.
You are under no obligation to use the trades suggested by Sms Eco Frame, they simply are trades we would advise, as we have worked with them. It may be your desire to use local tradesmen and project manage the remainder of the build your self, with Sms Eco Frame by your side for any queries you may have.